Monday, April 20, 2009

Just 2 more weeks!






Just two more weeks til the semester is over! It's hard to believe! I'm so excited for summer.... I have a job interview for a summer job in the development office here on campus. I really hope that I get it. That means that I can live on campus for the summer, which is what I really want to do.



This past weekend was really great. I went to Springfest and then to Lock-In. I hung out with some girls from dance team on Saturday night and then on Sunday I went to a Save Darfur Rally. It was against genocide. The rally was good, very moving. There were a bunch of people that have survived genocide in places like Rwanda and Darfur.. Here are a few pictures from the rally..

The top picture is of me and some friends with some students from Pittsburgh. One of them survived the genocide in Rwanda. The other picture is the memorial that was set up.

Now it's the last week of classes... then finals.... ahhh!

4 comments:

  1. I was really disappointed when I went to the lock-in for the advertised snacks and it didn't come until 11:30!! What's up with that?! Good luck finishing up your semester, the next few days are going to be nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there were supposed to be snacks! haha
    Thanks, good luck to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. End the genocide in Darfur! Go Maria!! lol, that's an awesome topic to be an activist for these days. Good luck with the end of the semester!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been to several anti-war, pro-obama protests/marches downtown which are so fun. i have some protest photo albums on facebook if you're interested in seeing some pictures. and i did have an obama rally video on youtube which should still be there, though i may have deleted it. oh well.

    ReplyDelete